Board of Governors
The Board of Governors holds the ultimate responsibility for the governance and operation of The King's University and is accountable to King's membership. Although they are not involved with the day-to-day management of the institution, it ensures that King's fulfills its mission. Governors concern themselves with questions such as the following:
- Is King's fulfilling its mission and are current policies in keeping with this mission?
- Does King's keep the vision for future development of the institution?
- Is King's responsible in its use of funds?
- Does King's communicate effectively with its supporting community?
- Does King's plan adequately in the area of finance, facilities development, and in academic areas?
The Board of Governors also has a role in maintaining and ensuring the freedom of inquiry and learning at the university. Each member of the board acts as a liaison with the supporting community.
To contact the board, please email email@example.com, or call at 780-465-3500, ext. 8002.
Board of Governors (2022-23)
- Brenda Bourque-Stratichuk - Lac La Biche, AB
- Carlo Serrano, Ph.D. - Clarksville, TN, USA
- Chris Steenhof, M.Ed. - Smithers, BC
- Christine Vriend, B.A., B.Mus., Alumna ’07 - Edmonton, AB
- Duane Plantinga, M.Ed. - Edmonton, AB
- Ed Noot, B.A., M.Ed. - Abbotsford, BC
- Evelyn Bouwman, M.Ed. - Langley, BC
- Gerald Jansen - Edmonton, AB
- Jeanette Romkema, B.A., M.Ed. - Toronto, ON
- Jenny McAlister, M.A. Counselling, Alumni ‘02 - Edmonton, AB
- Joannes Wong, B.A., MCP, M.B.A - Edmonton, AB
- Joel Ringma, M.Div, Alumnus ‘93 - Terrace, BC
- Matthew Oliver, M.Eng., M.Div. - Edmonton, AB
- Robert Huizinga, Ph.D., R.N., Chair - Victoria, BC
- Ron Goltz, B.A., LL.B., LL.M. - Edmonton, AB
- Shelby Thiessen, BBA - Surrey, BC
- Stephanie Boldt, CPA, CA, MPAcc, B.Com., Treasurer - Edmonton, AB