Dr. Michael Ferber
Michael has a Ph.D. in Geography, a Masters in Education as well as a Master of Divinity, and is the Vice-President of Student Life and Dean of Students. He has been a county planner, a secondary school principal, a pastor, and the Marketing and Development Director for World Vision Appalachia. He moved to Canada from the United States in 2008 to direct the Environmental Studies program and teach ENVS and Geography courses. Michael’s primary area of study is in cultural geography—specifically the geography of religion—but his interdisciplinary research interests span the sciences and social sciences.
- Scale in the geography of religion
- Christianity in China
- The geography of Christian denominationalism
- Geographic education
- Poverty studies
- Creation care and environmental stewardship
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive). 2012. CFRE International
- EP (Environmental Professional). 2011. Eco-Canada
- Physical Geography (GEOG 201), Spring I term
- International Development and Sustainability at the Au Sable Institute, Summer II Session
See the incredible adventures Au Sable has to offer.