Dr. Brett Roscoe
- Medieval Literature (Old Norse-Icelandic, Old English, Middle English)
- Wisdom (in) Literature
- Cognitive Approaches to Literature
- Wisdom in the Old English Resignation B
- Wellerisms in medieval morality plays
“Reading the Diptych: The Awntyrs off Arthure, Medium, and Memory.” Arthuriana 24.1 (2014): 49-65.
“On Reading Renaissance Closet Drama: A Reconsideration of the Chorus in Fulke Greville’s Alaham and Mustapha.” Studies in Philology 110.4 (2013): 762-88.
Selected Conference Papers
"Gazing at Monstrous Wisdom in Beowulf." Conference of the Canadian Society of Medievalists. Brock University, St. Catharines. May 2014.
“The Problem of Proverb Poetry: Folklore and Identity in Málsháttakvæði.” International Congress on Medieval Studies. Western Michigan University. May 2012.
“Waves of Thought: The Wanderer, Perception, and Wisdom.” Modern Language Association Convention. Los Angeles. January 2011
“Calvinist Poetics: Fulk Greville’s Chorus and Reader Education.” Conference of the Association of Canadian College and University Teachers of English. Carleton University, Ottawa. May 2009.
- ENGL 204/205 Introduction to Literature
- ENGL 304 Literature from the Middle Ages to the 18th Century
- ENGL 315 Old English
- ENGL 318 Chaucer
- ENGL 380 Arthurian Literature
- ENGL 410 Literature in the Middle Ages