Dr. Henry Schuurman
- Philosophy of Religion/Problem of Evil
- Rene Girard
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- Dostoevsky’s version of the problem of evil in the Brothers Karamazov
- Rene Girard’s mimetic theory of desire and the problem of violence
Publications and presentations
"Ivan’s Version", University of Alberta Philosophy Colloquium, 2000. "Lament for a Fallen World", The King’s University College IS Conference, 2003.
"Critical review of Concepts of Person and Christian Ethics by Stanley Rudman", Religious Studies, 1998.
"Theodicy", Dictionary of Philosophy, Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1997.
"Two Concepts of Theodicy", American Philosophical Quarterly, July, 1993.
"The Concept of a Strong Theodicy", International Journal for Philosophy of Religion 27: 63-85, 1990.
"Plantinga’s Critique of Naturalism", The King’s University College Faculty Colloquium, March, 1989.
"Evil and the God of Love", Calvin College Philosophy Colloquium, February, 1985.
"Medieval Theories of Divine Foreknowledge", Denison University Philosophy Colloquium, March, 1981.
Ockham’s Theory of Propositions: Part II of the Summa Logicae, (translated with A.J. Freddoso), University of Notre Dame Press, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1980.
- Environmental Studies Committee
- Facilities Planning Committee
- General Education Committee
- Chair of the King's Research Ethics Board