Apply for Government Student Aid

Alberta residents

Current residents of Alberta should apply for government assistance through Student Aid Alberta.

Loan application tips for Alberta students: 

  1. King's listed as "King's University" (select this).
  2. If you are in a Bachelor of Arts program, make sure you select the right one! There are two four-year B.A. degree programs listed, and 99% of students should select the second one (there is only one option for the Bachelor of Arts 3-year program).
  3. Pick the right study dates! You should see three options: Fall term, Winter term, and both, Fall & Winter.

Take your time to read the questions carefully; a wrong answer could result in a delayed loan and a lengthy appeal process.

Questions? Call the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre: 1-855-606-2096

U.S. residents

King’s participates in the Federal Direct Loan program. American students studying at King’s are eligible to receive the subsidized loan portion but not the Federal Pell Grant. When applying for your US Student Loan, you must go to the federal student aid website and complete their promissory note and entrance counseling before we can assess you for loans.

Full-Time Study at King's

Full-time study at King's is defined by having a minimum of nine credits in one term/semester (students with permanent disabilities may be able to take a reduced course load and still be considered full-time). If you do not have a permanent disability and take less than 9 credits per term/semester, you must apply for part-time student loans.

Annual Application for Government Funding Assistance

Students must apply annually for student financial aid (repayable loans and/or grants) through their home province/territory (i.e. place of permanent residence). Applications are revised each year and available in late spring for students to apply for the upcoming fall/winter terms. Students should aim to apply for funding at least six to eight weeks before classes start.