Requesting Accommodation Services
Once you’ve applied and been accepted into your program of choice, contact the Student Support and Accessibility Coordinator to meet and create an accommodation plan. To guarantee accommodations you should submit this plan at least 6-8 weeks before the start of classes. Contact the Accessibility Office if you have any questions about disability and accommodation services at King’s, whether you are a current or prospective student!
Follow these steps to request accommodation at King's
- Complete the Request for Accommodations Once received, the Accessibility Office will contact you to make an appointment with our coordinator.
- Gather and submit related supporting medical documentation about your learning, physical, sensory, or psychological disability. Please ensure that your documentation is current. If you are unsure of your specific documentation requirements, or if you do not have documentation, review the chart below to help you determine what type of documentation is required. Submit documentation to the Accessibility Office by email or mail to ensure confidentiality.
- Once the Request for Accommodations form and medical documentation are submitted, attend your appointment with the Student Support and Accessibility Coordinator to review your documentation, determine appropriate support services, and discuss funding eligibility.
- If your accommodations require financial assistance, complete a student loan application – applications open in June for the upcoming school year. Applications for funding can take time to process, so the sooner you apply the better, as some accommodations may not be administered until funding has been received. An Accessibility Office coordinator can help you with this process.
- Receive your Letter of Accommodation after your appointment with the Student Support and Accessibility Coordinator.
- Your Letter of Accommodation will be emailed to your professors at the beginning of each semester. Connect with your professors directly to discuss your individual needs and accommodations with them.
- Keep in touch with the Student Support and Accessibility Coordinators to ensure that accommodations are meeting your academic needs.
- Make a new appointment with the Accessibility Office prior to each academic year that you attend Kings. Letters of Accommodation are not automatically updated and must be requested prior to the beginning of the start of each year at King's within 10 days of the first day of class.
|Type of Disability||Documentation Requirements|
|Deaf, Hearing Impaired||
|Blind, Visually Impaired||
|Psychiatric or Psychological||
|Autism Spectrum Disorder||
|Brain Injury/Cognitive Impairment||
|Examples of other Permanent Disabilities||