How do I get off-campus access to e-resources?
Many of King's subscribed e-resources are available to students and employees on and off-campus.
When you access one of these resources, a NEOS Authentication page for King's login screen will appear. You will need to enter your barcode (on your King's ID card) and PIN. Your PIN is usually the last four numbers of your student or if an employee, the last four numbers of your phone number.
How do I find my barcode and PIN?
Your barcode has thirteen numbers and is found on the bottom of your Student ID card. Your PIN is usually the last 4 numbers of your Student ID, unless you changed it.
How do I request materials not at King's?
Requests for NEOS Materials
Holds may be placed on items within the library catalogue. You can request that items be delivered to King's for pickup.
- During fall and winter semesters delivery of materials between NEOS libraries are on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. (delivery is reduced to one time per week from May through August).
- If available, materials from other libraries may arrive at King's anywhere between one to three working days. Materials requested from NEOS libraries outside the city of Edmonton may take two or three days longer to arrive.
- Please note there is no way to predict how soon holds may be available.
Requests for Materials Outside NEOS
King’s students and employees may request books and articles not available within NEOS by Interlibrary Loan. Delivery times vary and there may be costs which may be communicated to the requestor before the material is requested.
How do I check the status of my holds?
You will receive an email at your kingsu.ca account when your holds are available for pickup.
To view the status of your holds:
- Login to My Account and view the information provided under the "Holds" tab.
- Check the "Holds Shelf" in the Library. Your items will be filed by the first three letters of your surname, and the last four digits of your barcode.
Holds are returned to their home institution if not picked-up within five days from their date of arrival.
How do I view and pay library fines?
The library has eliminated fines on everything but overdue recalled items, equipment and reserve material. Beginning in fall of 2022, this includes items borrowed from other NEOS libraries. As always it is important that you check your King's email for notices from NEOS. You might receive a recalled item once you've had an item for 10 days, there is not guarantee that you will have it the entire 6 week loan period.
For fines information, contact the Library by email: email@example.com or call the Library Service Desk: 780-465-8304.
How do I find music scores?
Finding Music Scores
- Open the NEOS Catalogue
- Click on the button that says, "More options."
- Enter the composer or title of the score.
- In the library drop-down menu, select "The King's University" to limit your results to items in the King's music collection.
- In the Format drop-down menu, select "Musical Score."
- Click "Search."
- From the results screen, click on the title you want to view.
- To find the book, you will need the call number; you will use this to locate the item in the library. Example call number: MT 245 P5810 2015
- Go to the music scores located in the Curriculum space. Use the call number to locate the book on the shelf. If you need help, please ask a staff member.
The library has online access to: The Classical Scores Library
Where do I find the Reserves?
The Reserve Collection is located at the Library Service Desk. The purpose of this collection is to provide access to materials required or essential to a course. Loan periods vary, though the most common is two hours.
Click here to learn more about the the Library's Reserve Collection.