Community members who have materials they want to donate to the Library are expected to contact staff before bringing books or DVDs to the Library. While donated materials may be intended to be free of charge, they require significant staff resources to assess, catalogue, process, and maintain. The following guidelines help library staff members ensure that all donated materials are worth the expense of the time that needs to be devoted to them.
- Contact the Library at 780.465.8304 or firstname.lastname@example.org before sending or bringing donated items to the library. Please do not leave donated materials at the Service Desk without prior arrangements.
- The King's Library reserves the right to refuse any donation.
- Donated materials must meet the same standards of quality and relevance to King's research and teaching programs as newly purchased titles and be in excellent physical condition.
- The King's Library does not usually accept textbooks, abridgements, anthologies, readers, or other items that do not have lasting academic value.
- The King's Library reserves the right to dispose of donated materials that do not meet collection needs and policy guidelines.