Bible College Transfer Admission Requirements
Transfer students from a Bible College can be admitted into King’s with the following:
- A 2.0 GPA.
- Lower GPAs will be considered for admission, and if granted, that student will likely be placed on academic probation until grades have increased.
- English proficiency.
- Program-specific requirements.
King’s will assess transcripts on a course-by-course basis. The following are important considerations:
- Transfer credit is granted only for courses taken at an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education. This list of schools can be found online here.
- A maximum of 60 credits can be transferred to King’s.
- 50% of major and minor credits must be completed at King’s.
- Courses must be relevant to the student’s program requirements at King’s and may be assigned less credit than that granted by the issuing institution.
Considerations in Course Transfer Assessments
Below are the considerations for course transfer assessments.
- Instructor Qualifications: Instructors must have an advanced degree in the subject being taught. A Masters degree is expected for introductory courses; a PhD for upper-level courses.
- Grades: Only courses with a minimum of 5 (9-point scale) or C+ in the applicant’s concentration will be considered for transfer. A 4 (9-point scale) or a C- minimum is required for elective course transfers.
- Core Courses: Core requirements in theology must be met by King’s core courses or close equivalents.
- Course Type: Courses of a professional nature (e.g., missions, counselling, personal development) or restricted denominational nature will not be transferable.
- Course Credit: Courses with 3 or 4 credit hours will transfer as 3-credit courses. Courses with 2 credit hours may be combined to grant credit (4=3 credits). Where different disciplines are combined, unassigned credits may be granted.