Bible College Transfer Admission Requirements
Transfer students from a Bible College can be admitted into King’s with:
- A 2.0 GPA
- Lower GPAs will be considered for admission, and if granted, that student will likely be placed on academic probation until grades have increased
- English Proficiency
- Program-Specific requirements
King’s will assess transcripts on a course-by-course basis. The following are important considerations:
- Transfer credit is granted only for courses taken at an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education. This list of schools can be found online here.
- A maximum of 60 credits can be transferred to King’s
- 50% of major and minor credits must be completed at King’s
- Courses must be relevant to the student’s program requirements at King’s and may be assigned less credit than that granted by the issuing institution.
Considerations in Course Transfer Assessments:
Below are the considerations for course transfer assessments.
- Instructor Qualifications: Instructors must have an advanced degree in the subject being taught. A Masters degree is expected for introductory courses; a PhD for upper-level courses.
- Grades: Only courses with a minimum of 5 (9-point scale) or C+ in the applicant’s concentration will be considered for transfer. A 4 (9-point scale) or a C- minimum is required for elective course transfers.
- Core Courses: Core requirements in theology must be met by King’s core courses or close equivalents.
- Course Type: Courses of a professional nature (e.g., missions, counselling, personal development) or restricted denominational nature will not be transferable.
- Course Credit: Courses with 3 or 4 credit hours will transfer as 3-credit courses. Courses with 2 credit hours may be combined to grant credit (4=3 credits). Where different disciplines are combined, unassigned credits may be granted.