Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
Transfer students can be admitted into King’s with the following:
- A 2.0 GPA.
- Students who have a GPA below a 2.0 or were required to withdraw from their previous institution may be considered for admission on an appeal basis. If admission is granted, these students may be admitted on academic probation. This will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Academic English Proficiency requirements
- Program-Specific Prerequisite requirements
Upon receipt of application and final official transcripts, previously completed* coursework will be evaluated for transfer credit on a course-by-course basis
- A maximum of 60 credits may be transferred into a Bachelor of Arts, Science, Commerce, or Music degree.
- Please note that students cannot transfer into the Education program, as it is an After-Degree program. Admission requirements for the Education program can be found here.
- Courses transferring into a major or minor must have a grade of at least C-.
- Courses transferring as an elective or cognate must have a grade of at least D.
- Students must complete at least 50% of the courses required for their major or minor at King’s.
*Coursework in progress at the point of application will be evaluated for transfer once a final grade is made available.
In the event that a transfer agreement does not currently exist for a course that a transfer applicant has completed, that student may be requested to submit course syllabi so that a transfer assessment can be conducted. Syllabi are evaluated on a course-by-course basis, and this can take 4-6 weeks to complete. As such, transfer applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early to ensure ample time for transfer evaluation and course selection for their incoming term.
Students transferring from an Alberta Post-Secondary Institution can do an unofficial self assessment of transfer using the Transfer Alberta Guide for reference. Additional details regarding transfer policy can be found in the Academic Calendar.