Transfer Student Admission Requirements
If you are transferring from a Bible College, please click here.
Transfer students can be admitted into King’s with:
- A 2.0 GPA
- Lower GPAs will be considered for admission, and if granted, that student will likely be placed on academic probation until grades have increased
- English Proficiency
- Program-Specific requirements
- A maximum of 60 credits (two years of full-time study) may be transferred into a Bachelor of Arts, Science, Commerce, or Music degree
- Courses transferring in a major or minor must have at least a C- grade
- Courses transferring as an elective or cognate must have at least a D grade
- 18 of the last 30 credits of a degree must be completed at King’s
- Students must complete at least 50% of the courses required for their major and minor at King’s
After the submission of an application and transcripts to King’s, an official assessment will be made. You will receive a document outlining which courses you have taken that will be applied for credit towards your degree at King’s.
- If you are transferring credits from another Alberta post-secondary institution, you can check the Alberta Transfer Guide for an idea of which courses will transfer to King’s.
- If you are transferring credits from out of Alberta or Canada, you will likely need to provide a syllabus for each course you wish to transfer.
See the Transfer Credit section (pg. 22-23) of the Academic Calendar for additional information on transferring courses.