Immigration Made Easy
Canada has three groupings for its residents:
- Citizens: You have full legal rights and privileges in Canada.
- Permanent Residents: Individuals with a landed status but are not yet citizens.
- Temporary Residents: International students, visitors, temporary workers.
As an international student, you will be under the category of Temporary Residents.
Depending on your home country, you may have two types of immigration documents:
1. A permit: A valid permit gives you the legal right to study and/or work legally in Canada. A permit does not guarantee entry into Canada.
2. A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV): Some international students will require a TRV for entry into Canada. TRV’s are used only for entry into Canada.