Immigration Made Easy
Canada has three groupings for its residents:
- Citizens: You have full legal rights and privileges in Canada
- Permanent Residents: individuals with a landed status but are not yet citizens
- Temporary Residents: international students, visitors, temporary workers
As an international student, you will be under the category Temporary Residents.
Depending on your home country you may have two types of immigration documents:
1. A permit: A valid permit gives you the legal right to study and/or work legally in Canada. A permit does not guarantee entry into Canada.
2. A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV): Some international students will require a TRV for entry into Canada. TRV’s are used only for entry into Canada.
Click on the following for some tips on the various application processes: