Immigration Made Easy

Canada has three groupings for its residents:

  • Citizens: You have full legal rights and privileges in Canada
  • Permanent Residents: individuals with a landed status but are not yet citizens
  • Temporary Residents: international students, visitors, temporary workers

As an international student, you will be under the category Temporary Residents.

Depending on your home country you may have two types of immigration documents:
1. A permit: A valid permit gives you the legal right to study and/or work legally in Canada. A permit does not guarantee entry into Canada.

2. A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV): Some international students will require a TRV for entry into Canada. TRV’s are used only for entry into Canada.

Click on the following for some tips on the various application processes: