General Homeschool Admission Requirements
Applicants who are/were homeschooled are evaluated for admission on an individual basis.
Students who have completed high school through homeschooling are required to submit the following:
- General King’s admission application, including the application fee and letter of recommendation.
- Transcripts from provincial departmental exams.
Note: It is in the student’s best interest to present results of standardized tests in addition to the above requirements. Such tests may include provincial departmental results, ACT, or SAT scores.
Proficiency in program-specific areas
Homeschool students who wish to enter Science, Business, Environmental Studies, or four-year Psychology programs will need to meet additional program-specific requirements.
- Math 30-1 provincial diploma exam
- King’s on-campus Math Competency Exam
- SAT/ACT exam
- AP Exam
Biology, Chemistry, or Physics
- Completion of the corresponding provincial diploma exam.
- An interview with a Science faculty member at King’s.
- After applying for admission, an interview can be scheduled with a Science faculty member who will ask questions and assess the student’s knowledge of the subject area.
- Completion of the corresponding SAT exam.