General IB Admission Requirements
- IB courses can be used for admission purposes, in whole or in part.
- If a student has an IB course and a regular course in the same subject, the higher of the two grades will be used for admission.
- If a student is using IB courses for admission, the student must have no score below 3 and an average of at least 3.5.
- Must have 5 grade 12 academic courses:
- 1 must be grade 12 academic English
- 3 standard courses (Examples: Social Studies, Languages, Math, Calculus, Science, Fine Arts)
- The remaining course may be any academic or non-academic grade 12 course carrying normal weight
- Must meet English Proficiency and program-specific requirements
- To be considered for transfer credit, an IB course must have a score of 5 or higher
- Credit assessment is done on an individual basis
- Please see the Alberta Transfer Guide for more details.
IB Admission with Transfer Credit
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change
|IB Course||Transfers As|
|Biology (Higher)||BIOL 210 (3*)|
|Chemistry (Higher)||CHEM 200/201 (6*)|
|Chemistry (Standard)||CHEM 200 (3*)|
|Computing Science (Higher)||CMPT 250 (3*)|
|Economics (Higher)||ECON 203/204 (6*)|
|English A1 (Higher)||ENGL 204/205 (6*)|
|History (Higher)||HIST 2xx (6*)|
|Visual Arts (Higher)||ARTS 211/2xx (6*)|
|French A (Higher)||FREN 2xx (6*)|
|French A (Standard)||FREN 2xx (6*)|
|French B (Higher)||FREN 2xx (6*)|
|French B (Standard)||FREN 2xx (6*)|
|German A (Higher)||Option 2xx (6*)|
|German A (Standard)||Option 2xx (6*)|
|German B (Higher)||Option 2xx (6*)|
|German B (Standard)||Option 2xx (6*)|
|Greek (Higher)||GREK 2xx (6*)|
|Latin (Higher)||Option 2xx (6*)|
|Latin (Standard)||Option 2xx (6*)|
- When students write their IB exams, they have the option of listing which post-secondary institutions they would like official copies of their transcripts sent to. If the student does this, then King’s will receive the transcripts.
- King’s does not receive IB transcripts automatically. Therefore, if the student does not complete the above, s/he will need to contact the IB office and request for official transcripts to be sent to King’s.
- If the student receives grades lower than 5 in each subject, which is needed for transfer credit, and they have at least 5 grade 12 courses, we can use their high school grades for admission and we will not require copies of their AP transcripts.