Applied Next Steps
Confirm your place at King'sView More
To confirm your place at King's, you are required to pay a non-refundable Tuition Deposit:
- BA, BSci, BCom and BMus Applicants: $400 ($350 before the Tuition Deposit Deadline or within 2 weeks of receiving admission).
- BEd Applicants: $1,000 ($950 before the Tuition Deposit deadline or within 2 weeks of receiving admission).
- April 1: Recommended Tuition Deposit deadline. Once paid, students will be given access to their Online Services and can register in classes.
- June 15: Tuition Deposit Deadline. Tuition Deposits will still be accepted after the deadline, but will increase to $400 ($1,000 for Education applicants).
- November 30: Tuition Deposit Deadline. Tuition Deposits will still be accepted after the deadline, but will increase to $400. Once paid, students will be given access to their Online Services and can register in classes.
Paying Your DepositPay your Deposit
The Tuition Deposit can be paid online through King’s On-Line Payments (credit or debit card) or through plastiq (credit card) at any time. King’s also accepts additional methods of payment.
Apply for ResidenceView More
Learn about our three residence options.
First Year Guarantee
First year students starting in the Fall who apply and pay their Residence Deposit by June 15 are guaranteed a Tower Room (double occupancy)!
- Early October: Residence Application opens.
- November 30: Residence Deposit Deadline for Winter applicants.
- June 15: Residence Deposit Deadline for Fall applicants. Applications received after June 15 will not be processed without a deposit.
- August 29, 2019: Residence move-in day
Apply for Scholarships & AwardsView More
- February 1, 2020: Scholarships & Awards Application opens
- March 31, 2020: Deadline to apply for Scholarships & Awards
**Note: Students must receive at least initial admission by March 31 to be eligible to receive award money in September.
Student Aid CalculatorApply for Scholarships & Financial Aid
Get an estimate of how much school is going to cost by using King’s Student Aid Calculator.
Sign into your Online Services accountView More
Starting in April, and after you have paid your Tuition Deposit, you will be assigned a Student ID number that you will use to access your Online Services. Once you are logged in, you will be able to:
- See important dates and deadlines.
- Accept your student contractual obligations.
- Update your address information.
- Register in courses!
- Request a letter of confirmation for RESP or scholarship purposes.
- Enrol in monthly instalments (monthly tuition payment plan) and more
Apply for on-campus employmentView More
A great way to earn some spending (or saving!) money throughout the school year is by getting an on-campus job. Most jobs are 10-15 hours a week and work around your class schedule. Some areas you can work in include: library, front desk reception, security, cafeteria, bookstore and more! Positions are given away on a first-come, first-served basis, so apply online by the recommended April 30 early-bird deadline.
- April 1: On-Campus Employment Application opens
- April 30: On-Campus Employment Early-Bird Deadline (recommended)
- August 15: On-Campus Employment Application Deadline
Register in classesView More
Starting in April and after you have paid your Tuition Deposit, you will receive your “2019-2020 King’s Registration Information” e-mail with your program’s first year course list. You can then register in courses! For tips, see Course Registration 101.
**Note: Students must be registered in 4 courses per term (12 credits) to be eligible to receive scholarships, 3 courses per term (9 credits) to be eligible to receive bursaries.
Need help? Contact Admissions to go over your questions or to book a one-on-one registration appointment with an Admissions Counsellor.
Check your student webmailView More
After you pay your Tuition Deposit, you will be assigned a King’s student email address in May. From this point onward, official communication from King’s will be sent to your King’s email. You will be able to access your King’s email through webmail. For instructions on forwarding your King’s email to your personal email address, click here.
Please note: Though the use of your King’s email is very important for while you are a student at The King's University, it will be deleted when you no longer remain a current student at King's so please plan accordingly as you finish your studies with us.
Check your award results & accept your awardsView More
Checking Your Results
At the end of May/beginning of June, you will be able to view your Scholarships & Awards Application results online. If you have not yet paid your Tuition Deposit, view your results on your Application Portal; if you have paid your deposit, view your results on your Online Services. Then click on “Important Documents.”
Accepting Your Awards
To formally accept your awards, you will need to pay your Tuition Deposit and register in classes by June 15. You will need to register in a minimum of 4 courses per term to accept scholarships, and at least 3 courses per term to accept bursaries. You can pay your deposit online here.
- Late May/Early June:Scholarships & Awards Application results are available
- June 15: Deadline to accept your awards
Apply for a government student loanView More
Government Student Loan Applications become available between mid-June and early July, depending on the province. You can apply online here. We recommend students complete the application at least 6 weeks before the semester begins for the funds to come in on time. If you have questions, see Government Student Loan Information or contact the Student Finance and Scholarships Office.
- Mid-June: Government Student Loan Application opens
- July 15: Recommended Deadline for Fall Applicants
- November 15: Recommended Deadline for Winter Applicants
Explore King's student servicesView More
Get to know your student healthcare optionsView More
The King’s Students’ Association (TKUSA) offers an extensive healthcare plan for all students through the carrier wespeakstudent.com. There are 4 plans to choose from depending on what prescription, dental, vision and extended health coverage you need. Students with comparable healthcare coverage can opt out of the plan. For more details, see the TKUSA webpage and click on “Health Plan.”
Check your booklistView More
The Fall Booklist will be available in mid-August on King’s Bookstore website. The Winter Booklist will be available in mid-December. King’s Bookstore offers both new and used books. Some students wait until the first week of classes before purchasing their textbooks so that professors can clarify which books you will need. If you would like to purchase your books ahead of time, use King’s Online Bookstore and your textbooks will be waiting for you when you arrive on campus.
Complete your online confirmationView More
This is the final step to you becoming a student at King’s! Complete your Registration Confirmation online, or book an in-person appointment through your Online Services for the beginning of the semester. For the upcoming semester, you will confirm the number of courses you will be taking, pay for your tuition and fees, confirm your contact information and upload a picture for your Student ID Card. Check your King’s Webmail closer to the date for more details.
- Fall Registration Confirmation Deadline: August 29-30, 2019
- Winter Registration Confirmation Deadline: January 7, 2019
Attend Orientation WeekView More