Admitted Next Steps
Congrats on your admission to King’s! Here you will find all your next steps to prepare you for the upcoming semester. If you have any questions along the way, contact Admissions and we will be happy to walk you through this process.
International Students, click here for Next Steps.
- Confirm Your Place at King's
- Apply for Residence
- Apply for Scholarships & Awards
- Sign In to Your Online Services
- Apply for On-Campus Employment
- Register in Classes
- Check Your King’s E-mail
- Accept Your Awards
- Apply for a Government Student Loan
- Check Out King’s Student Services
- Review King’s Student Healthcare Plan
- Check Your Booklist
- Complete Your Online Confirmation
- Attend Orientation Week
To confirm your place at King's, you are required to pay a non-refundable Tuition Deposit:
- BA, BSci, BCom and BMus Applicants: $400 ($350 before the Tuition Deposit Deadline or within 2 weeks of receiving admission).
- BEd Applicants: $1,000 ($950 before the Tuition Deposit deadline or within 2 weeks of receiving admission).
- Fall Entry
- April 1: Recommended Tuition Deposit deadline. Once paid, students will be given access to their Online Services and can register in classes.
- June 15: Tuition Deposit Deadline. Tuition Deposits will still be accepted after the deadline, but will increase to $400 ($1,000 for Education applicants).
- Winter Entry
- November 30: Tuition Deposit Deadline. Tuition Deposits will still be accepted after the deadline, but will increase to $400. Once paid, students will be given access to their Online Services and can register in classes.
Paying Your Deposit
The Tuition Deposit can be paid online through King’s On-Line Payments (credit or debit card) or through www.plastiq.com (credit card) at any time. King’s also accepts additional methods of payment.
Back to Top
Learn about King’s 3 Residence Options.
First Year Guarantee
First year students starting in the Fall who apply and pay their Residence Deposit by June 15 are guaranteed a Tower Room (double occupancy)!
- Early October: Residence Application opens.
- November 30: Residence Deposit Deadline for Winter applicants.
- June 15: Residence Deposit Deadline for Fall applicants. Applications received after June 15 will not be processed without a deposit.
Scholarships & Awards Application
- February 1: Scholarships & Awards Application opens
- March 31: Deadline to apply for Scholarships & Awards
**Note: Students must receive at least initial admission by March 31 to be eligible to receive award money in September.
Student Aid Calculator
Starting in April and after you have paid your Tuition Deposit, you will be assigned a Student ID Number that you will use to access your Online Services. Once you are logged in, you will be able to:
- See important dates and deadlines.
- Accept your student contractual obligations.
- Update your address information.
- Register in courses!
- Request a letter of confirmation for RESP or scholarship purposes.
- Enrol in monthly instalments (monthly tuition payment plan). And more!
A great way to earn some spending (or saving!) money throughout the school year is by getting an on-campus job. Most jobs are 10-15 hours a week and work around your class schedule. Some areas you can work in include: library, front desk reception, security, cafeteria, bookstore and more! Positions are given away on a first-come, first-served basis, so apply online by the recommended April 30 early-bird deadline.
- April 1: On-Campus Employment Application opens
- April 30: On-Campus Employment Early-Bird Deadline (recommended)
- August 15: On-Campus Employment Application Deadline
Starting in April and after you have paid your Tuition Deposit, you will receive your “2016/17 King’s Registration Information” e-mail with your program’s first year course list. You can then register in courses! For tips, see Course Registration 101.
**Note: Students must be registered in 4 courses per term (12 credits) to be eligible to receive scholarships, 3 courses per term (9 credits) to be eligible to receive bursaries.
After you pay your Tuition Deposit, you will be assigned a King’s student email address in May. From this point onward, official communication from King’s will be sent to your King’s email. You will be able to access your King’s email through Webmail. For instructions on forwarding your King’s email to your personal email address, click here.
Back to Top
Checking Your Results
At the end of May/beginning of June, you will be able to view your Scholarships & Awards Application results online. If you have not yet paid your Tuition Deposit, view your results on your Application Portal; if you have paid your deposit, view your results on your Online Services. Then click on “Important Documents.”
Accepting Your Awards
To formally accept your awards, you will need to pay your Tuition Deposit and register in classes by June 15. You will need to register in a minimum of 4 courses per term to accept scholarships, and at least 3 courses per term to accept bursaries. You can pay your deposit online here.
- Late May/Early June: Scholarships & Awards Application results are available
- June 15: Deadline to accept your awards
Government Student Loan Applications become available between mid-June and early July, depending on the province. You can apply online here. We recommend students complete the application at least 6 weeks before the semester begins for the funds to come in on time. If you have questions, see Government Student Loan Information or contact the Student Finance and Scholarships Office.
- Mid-June: Government Student Loan Application opens
- July 15: Recommended Deadline for Fall Applicants
- October 15: Recommended Deadline for Winter Applicants
Did you know that King’s Student Life department offers many support services for students, including accommodations for students with learning disabilities, tutoring, writing support, our UNIV 150: Academic Success Course and psychological counselling? Check out Student Services for more details.
Back to Top
The King’s Students’ Association (TKUSA) offers an extensive healthcare plan for all students through the carrier wespeakstudent.com. There are 4 plans to choose from depending on what prescription, dental, vision and extended health coverage you need. Students with comparable healthcare coverage can opt out of the plan. For more details, see the TKUSA webpage and click on “Health Plan”.
Back to Top
The Fall Booklist will be available in mid-August on King’s Bookstore website. The Winter Booklist will be available in mid-December. King’s Bookstore offers both new and used books. Some students wait until the first week of classes before purchasing their textbooks so that professors can clarify which books you will need. If you would like to purchase your books ahead of time, use King’s Online Bookstore and your textbooks will be waiting for you when you arrive on campus.
This is the final step to you becoming a student at King’s! Complete your Registration Confirmation online, or book an in-person appointment through your Online Services for the beginning of the semester. For the upcoming semester, you will confirm the number of courses you will be taking, pay for your tuition and fees, confirm your contact information and upload a picture for your Student ID Card. Check your King’s e-mail closer to the date for more details.
- Late August: Fall Online Confirmation opens
- September 8, 2016: Fall Confirmation Deadline
- Late December: Winter Online Confirmation opens
- January 10, 2017: Winter Confirmation Deadline
Residence Move In Day
- Fall: August 29, 2016
- Winter: January 2, 2017
- Fall: August 30-31, 2016
- Winter: January 3, 2017
If you prefer completing your Registration Confirmation in person rather than online, book an in-person appointment through your Online Services. For the upcoming semester, you will confirm the number of courses you will be taking, pay for your tuition and fees, confirm your contact information and upload a picture for your Student ID Card. Check your King’s e-mail for more details.
- Fall: August 30-31, 2016
- Winter: January 3, 2017
Create a smooth transition into university, connect with other new students and be prepared for success both in and out of the classroom! All new students are required to attend Orientation, click here for more information.
- Fall: September 1, 2016
- Winter: January 4, 2017
Please note that most labs don’t begin until the second week of classes, check with your course instructor for more details.
Find a locker in your ideal location and make note of the locker number on the door (or scan the QR code). Then log into your Online Services and select “Register Your Locker” to sign it out for the year and put a lock on your new locker.
- Fall: September 16-18, 2016
Meet new friends and make memories at Camp Nakamun, and best of all, it’s free attend! Add "UNIV 065: Fall Retreat" to your Fall course registration through your Online Services.
Interested in a campus tour or want to meet with an Admissions Counsellor to go over any questions you may have before the school year begins? Admissions Counsellors are available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.:
- P: 780.465.8334
- TF: 1.800.661.8582
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Online Chat): www.kingsu.ca
- Facebook: Welcome2King's