General AP Admission Requirements
- AP courses can be used for admission purposes, in whole or in part.
- If a student has an AP course and a regular course in the same subject, the higher of the two grades will be used for admission.
- For admission with AP courses, each course must have a score of three or higher.
- Must have five grade 12 courses.
- One must be grade 12 academic English.
- Three standard courses (Examples: Social Studies, Languages, Math, Calculus, Science, Fine Arts).
- The remaining course may be any academic or non-academic grade 12 course carrying normal weight.
- Must meet English Proficiency and program-specific requirements.
- To be considered for transfer credit, an AP course must have a score of four or higher.
- Credit assessment is done on an individual basis.
- Please see the Alberta Transfer Guide for more details.
AP Admission with Transfer Credit
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change
|AP Course||Transfers As|
|Art History||ARTH 200/201 (6*)|
|Art Studio (Drawing)||ARTS 2xx (6*)|
|Art Studio (General)||ARTS 2xx (6*)|
|Biology||BIOL 2xx (3*)|
||MATH 200 (3*)|
|Calculus AB/BC||MATH 205 (3*)|
|Calculus BC||MATH 200/205 (6*)|
|Chemistry||CHEM 200/201 (6*)|
|Computer Science A||CMPT 300 (3*)|
|Economics (Macroeconomics)||ECON 204 (3*)|
|Economics (Microeconomics)||ECON 203 (3*)|
|English (Literature & Composition)
||ENGL 2xx (3*)|
|French (Language)||FREN 2xx (6*)|
|German (Language)||Option 2xx (6*)|
|Gov. and Politics (Comparative)||POLI 2xx (3*)|
|History (European)||HIST 2xx (3*)|
|History (United States)||HIST 3xx (3*)|
|Latin (Vergil/Catullus/Horace)||Option 2xx (6*)|
|Music (Listening/Literature)||MUSI 2xx (3*)|
|Physics C (Electricity & Magnetism)||PHYS 241/243 (6*)|
|Physics C (Mechanics)||PHYS 241 (3*)|
|Physics C (Mechanics)/(Electricity & Magnetism)
||PHYS 241/243 (6*)|
|Spanish (Language)||Option 2xx (6*)|
- When students write their AP exams, they have the option of listing which post-secondary institutions they would like official copies of their transcripts sent to. If the student does this, then King’s will receive the transcripts.
- King’s does not receive AP transcripts automatically; therefore, if the student does not complete the above, s/he will need to contact the AP office and request for official transcripts to be sent to King’s.
- If the student receives grades lower than four in each subject, which is needed for transfer credit, and they have at least five grade 12 courses, we can use their high school grades for admission and will not require copies of their AP transcripts.