Work And Other Opportunities
An education from King's prepares students for lives of meaning, purpose and service. Students will graduate with a degree and a range of technical and transferable skills gained through many different experiences. The Centre for Career and Calling is on hand to help you make the most of those experiences so you can be ready for what comes after graduation.
Work Integrated Learning
The following majors and certificates include work integrated learning, such as internships, practicums, and service opportunities, as a formal component of the program. If you want to know more, please reach out to the contacts listed below:
- Environmental Studies: Nancy Burford, ENVS Internship Program Coordinator
- Business: Witty Sandle, Academic Internship Coordinator; Manager, Centre for Career and Calling
- Computing Science: Quinn Baker, Computing Science Lab Practicum Coordinator
- Micah Certificate in Justice and Development: Jonathan Nicolai-deKoning, Micah Centre Program Director
- Education-Elementary and Secondary: Helen Steinke, Education Coordinator
Check out the registries below for work, internship and work experience opportunities.
King's Job Registry
King's Education Job Board
Outcome Campus Connect
Outcome Campus Connect (OCC) is a platform where students can search for internships, work placements, research projects, and general job opportunities across Canada. It is similar to other online job boards but less overwhelming as there are fewer options that appear.
- Sign up using your King’s student email. (OCC will only recognize official King’s email addresses.)
- Once logged in, you can create a profile by going to ‘Account’ > ‘Settings.’
- Be patient when looking through opportunities. Many will not apply to you, but you may find one that does!
- When applying for an opportunity, take note of the application instructions carefully. Employers specify the way they want to receive applications, by email or via their own site.
Get Involved on Campus
Student Government and Clubs
Be an Ambassador or Student Navigator for King's
Become a Residence Assistant
Get Involved with Student Publications